ETL Engineer (Python)
Protect Democracy is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to protecting US democracy. Our project utilizes machine learning and data science to analyze changes to voter registration files and ensure the integrity of US elections.
We are seeking a full-time Python ETL Engineer contracted for 1 year, with the potential to extend. Office is located in NYC, but we can accommodate the right remote candidate if necessary (US only). Compensation is competitive, and commensurate with experience. You will be responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines which are involved in populating crucial database tables and assembling features for machine learning models. We are looking for a detail oriented candidate who anticipates the ways that their applications can fail. Maintaining production systems is crucial in this role; an obsession with reliability and correctness is a must.
- Experienced Python developer (familiar with OO concepts and the ins and outs of the python runtime).
- Working knowledge of Pandas
- Seasoned version control practitioner; experience collaborating with other developers on git
- Experience working with relational databases (SQL)
- Test Driven Development
- Self starter with good communication skills
Nice to haves
- Experience with large scale data processing/warehousing technologies (spark, redshift… etc.)
- Working knowledge of machine learning techniques and feature engineering
- Experience provisioning cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Interest in civic tech
To apply, or to simply ask questions about the role, email email@example.com. Applicants should include a resume.
Our culture principles emphasize that there is strength in diversity as we believe diverse teams are more innovative, creative, and productive. Even if you aren’t sure if you meet all required skills, we encourage you to apply. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.