*Recruiters, consulting shops, and outsourcing firms please do not respond*
Protect Democracy is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to protecting US democracy. You will be working on VoteShield which utilizes machine learning to analyze changes to voter registration files and ensure the integrity of US elections.
We are seeking a contract for a full-time DevOps Engineer for 1 year, with the potential to extend. Office is located in NYC, but remote within the US is ok for the right candidate. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. As a DevOps engineer at voteshield you will be responsible for configuring aws resources via reusable scripts, managing network configurations and permissions, and coordinating different types of deployments with the Director of Engineering.
- Proficiency with AWS APIs and console (other platforms like Google Cloud are a bonus but not required)
- 2+ years experience with containerization, Docker specifically
- Sophisticated understanding of network security best practices (strong opinions are a plus)
- Deep seated desire to avoid repeated work – every configuration is scripted.
- Ability to work well with others: you will be the point person for provisioning new resources
- 2+ Years of experience developing in Python
- 5+ Years experience in software development, 3+ in DevOps
Nice to haves
- Interest in civics and/or election integrity
- Knowledge of Terraform (preferred) or Cloudformation
- Relational database management/upkeep skills
- Experience with big data applications
- Linux Sysadmin experience
To apply, or to simply ask questions about the role, email email@example.com. Applicants should include a resume.
Our culture principles emphasize that there is strength in diversity as we believe diverse teams are more innovative, creative, and productive. Even if you aren’t sure if you meet all required skills, we encourage you to apply. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.