Partnerships Developer (Membership)
At this time, Protect Democracy has decided to pause hiring for Partnerships Developer (Membership) for a number of factors, including the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19. We’re still accepting applications, but will pause on moving candidates forward in the process. Of course, if we have updates or news, we will post them here.
Protect Democracy is seeking a motivated individual to join the team as a Partnerships Developer specializing in membership programs. The Partnerships Developer will play a key role in ensuring the future of Protect Democracy by serving as a member of the Protect Democracy fundraising team, with an eye towards innovation and growth in fundraising practices, and collaboration across project teams and external stakeholders. Location is flexible.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the fundraising team to craft annual development goals and track progress towards those goals;
- Independently seeking opportunities to build and improve on Protect Democracy’s membership and direct mail programs by closely examining needs, assessing possible solutions, and making concise recommendations;
- Managing correspondence with existing and prospective donors;
- Preparing grant proposals and reports;
- Managing the many streams of Protect Democracy’s development data and overseeing various fundraising tools, including Protect Democracy’s donor database;
- Coordinating and executing fundraising events;
- Assisting in the creation of development-related materials and communications;
- Preparing the Executive Director for meetings with donors and, when required, accompanying the Executive Director;
- Supporting ongoing work products by researching, writing, editing, and contributing thoughts and ideas to projects.
- Passion for protecting our democracy and willingness to place that mission above all other professional considerations;
- Familiarity with membership programs and direct mail fundraising;
- Rigorous attention to detail and the highest standards for excellence in execution
- Strong personal motivation and ability to quickly master the mechanics of new concepts, markets, or systems;
- Excellent critical thinking skills––can reason through novel problems and have good instincts about how to get to efficient solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills––including corresponding naturally with high level individuals;
- Facility with databases and data management;
- Strong writing, research, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Ability to track, prioritize, and balance an assortment of ongoing responsibilities and competing deadlines;
- A belief that there is strength in diversity and a commitment to ensuring an inclusive workplace
- Enthusiasm to learn and a growth mindset that recognizes that we are all on a constant path of improvement;
- Comfort with an open and transparent culture with constant feedback up, down, and sideways;
- Comfort working in a collaborative environment with shared leadership;
- Comfort working in a startup environment, doing whatever is necessary to build the organization;
- A healthy mix of idealism, sophistication and practicality, coupled with personal kindness and generosity of spirit.
About Protect Democracy:
- Competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. All positions are full-time and offer a salary and benefits that are commensurate with experience. We pay very well and offer compensation packages at the leading edge of competitiveness for the social justice and non-profit sector nationwide. For example, our benefits include: three months of paid parental leave; a 401k plan in which we match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary; and full coverage for an excellent health care plan. In addition, staff are provided with the resources and funding they need to do their work excellently.
- Commitment to a diverse workplace. Protect Democracy is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture principles emphasize that there is strength in diversity as we believe diverse teams are more innovative, creative, and productive. Protect Democracy encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and political affiliation.
- Ample opportunities for personal & professional development. At Protect Democracy, we invest in our staff, and that includes fostering connections between members of the team and providing opportunities for training and continued education. Candidates who do not meet all listed criteria should still apply, as our organizational structure focuses on providing mentorship and opportunities for professional growth.
- Open to applicants from all over the country. Location requirements are flexible. The only requirement is that your location be one that allows you to complete the demands of the position and mission. We currently have staff in DC, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Virginia, North Carolina, Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles, and the San Francisco Bay Area. We offer shared workspaces in those locations for those who enjoy working in an office environment.
Instructions: To apply to this position, please fill out the application here.